Transportation Systems Engineering: Transportation Planning: Sustainable urban transportation planning, Travel survey design and analysis, Travel demand modelling, Travel behaviour and choice modelling, Transport system analysis and economic evaluation, Land use and transport planning models, Air travel demand modelling, Freight transport modelling, public transport planning and design, and Transport network modelling. Traffic Engineering: Traffic flow theory and capacity analysis, Traffic management, operations and control, Pedestrian flow modelling, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and traffic impact assessment and externalities. Highway Planning and Design: Optimal alignment design, Performance based geometric design, Road safety. Pavement Engineering: Characterization and performance tests of pavement materials, Recycled and warm mix asphalt mixes, Asphalt rheology, Constitutive modelling of pavement materials, Pavement maintenance, rehabilitation and management systems, and design and performance evaluation of concrete pavements.
Geotechnical Engineering: Geotechnical earthquake engineering; Geoenvironmental engineering; Energy geotechnics; Computational geomechanics; Foundation engineering; Seismic hazard study; Liquefaction; Constitutive modelling of soil; Soilstructure interaction; Offshore geotechnical engineering; Pipeline geotechnics; Soil Characterization, Foundation for offshore structures, Biogeo interface study; Earth dam problems; Rock Mechanics and tunnelling; Soil dynamics; Soil stabilization; Expansive soils; Earth retention structures; Slope stabilization; Ground improvement; Reinforced soil structures and geosynthetics; Physical modelling in geotechnics; Centrifuge modelling of geotechnical problems; Optimization techniques and environmental geotechnics; Landslides; GIS applications for geotechnical problems; Earthquake resistant design of geotechnical structures; Reliability analysis; Dynamic soil characterization; Landfills and waste containment engineering; Seawalls; Railway Geotechnics.
Water Resources Engineering :
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics and Computational Fluid Dynamics Fluid flow investigation by experimental and numerical studies, Turbulent flows, Sedimentation and erosion problems, Fluid transients in closed conduits, Pipe network analysis;
- Groundwater Flow, Transport Process and Remediation Groundwater movement and recharge,Seawater intrusion in coastal aquifers, Transport of pollutant in aquifers and aquifer remediation;
- Surface water Hydrology: River and lake hydrodynamics, Contaminant transport process, River basin and watershed scale modelling of hydrologic processes, Hydraulic structures; Conceptual IUH; hydrologic time series analysis and forecasting Reservoir sedimentation modelling; Chaos and Singular Spectrum analysis
- Floods and Droughts studies;
- Water Resource System and Optimization Reservoir operation and management;
- Urban water management Urban water supply, Storm water and wastewater management, Water quality modelling;
- Hydroinformatics GIS and remote sensing applications in water resources, Use of Artificial Intelligence Techniques;
- Simulation optimization for water resources environmental engineering problems;
- Climate change and Impact Studies Detection and attribution of hydrologic change; Modelling of hydroclimatic extremes, Hydrologic statistics
Structural Engineering: Computational Mechanics; Finite element techniques; Composite materials and mechanics; Reinforced and prestressed concrete structures; Steel structures; Strength,stability and dynamics of thin membranes; Plates and shells; Structural optimization; Structural resilience, Structural response to blast, impact and shock loading; Pressure vessels; Reliability analysis; Seismic vulnerability and fragility assessment of structures; Bridge engineering; Machine learning; Probabilistic design methods; Curved grid; Cable networks; Plastic analysis techniques; Structural dynamics; Earthquake engineering; Earthquake disaster management; Vibration control of structures; Wind effects on structures; Inverse problems and artificial intelligence applications; Offshore structures; Shell foundation; Structural health monitoring; Uncertainty quantification; Shell and membrane structures; Risk analysis
Ocean Engineering: (a) Physical modelling – wavestructure interactions, floating body dynamics, offshore and maritime infrastructures design, nearshore dynamics, nonlinear waves and sediment transport; (b) Numerical modelling – coastal processes, tidal hydrodynamics, pollutant dispersion in coastal waters, wavecurrent interactions, tsunami, storms, surges and extreme events, sea level rise, climate change impacts on metocean parameters, oil spill dispersions, coastal erosion, shoreline changes; (c) Soft computing techniques – Application of statistical, stochastic and neural networks analysis on ocean parameters; (d) Remote Sensing and GIS – Application of RS and GIS for assessment of coastal vulnerability and nearshore processes.
Remote Sensing: Development of methods and algorithms for digital analysis of Remotely SensedData (RSD); Remote sensing and GIS Applications for Hydrology and Water Resources, Ocean Sensing, Decision Support Systems in Watershed Development; Remote sensing for snow and glacier Studies, Remote sensing data assimilation, Microwave remote sensing; Uncertainty modelling in Geospatial datasets
Construction Technology and Management: Building materials, Concrete technology; Construction management; Infrastructure project management.