Biosciences (BS) -
- Biophysics and Computational Biology: Bioinformatics, Glycobiology, Computational Biology, Protein crystallography, NMR based structural Biology, Physics of Biological system and Computational Modeling of biomolecules, Dynamics of cytoskeletal filaments and Chromatin remodelling, physical properties of the extracellular matrix, protein folding/misfolding, aggregation and neurodegeneration.
- Biochemistry: Enzyme kinetics and enzyme secretion, microbial metabolism and regulation, aromatic hydrocarbon metabolism and genetic engineering, enzyme inhibitor design, molecular mechanisms of DNA replication, repair and packaging in doublestranded DNA viruses, Molecular Enzymology.
- Microbial Biology: Fungi, Viral assemblies, Bacterial Pathogenesis, HostPathogen Interactions, molecular parasitology.
- Cell Biology: Cellular Biophysics, microtubule dynamics, bacterial cell division, Chromosomal and extra chromosomal segregation in fungi, Neurobiology.
- Immunology: Molecular immunology and cell signaling, Cellular Immunity, Tumor Immunology, Cancer biomarker.
- Genetics and Molecular Biology: Functional Genomics, Epigenetic Regulation, Fungal Molecular Genetics.
- Proteomics, System Biology and Biomarkers of infectious diseases.
Biomedical Engineering (BME) -
- Sensors and Devices: Bioinstrumentation for diagnostics and therapeutics, early detection of carcinoma and tropical diseases, bioMEMS devices, Fluorescent Biosensors, Nanoengineered Sensors, LayerbyLayer SelfAssembly, Microfluidics for biomedical applications.
- Biomaterials, Drug delivery and tissue engineering: Nanobiotechnology, Design of scaffolds for tissue engineering, Controlled Release technologies, Neuroprosthetic devices including aids for the handicapped, Signal processing, Telemedicine and knowledge based systems. Microfibrication for immunotherapy.
- Computational physiology: Cardiac electrophysiology and muscle mechanics, Computational Neurophysiology.
- Movement Neuroscience, Rehabilitation technology
- Medical Optics – Optical tomography, Blood flow measurements, Computational Imaging