National Center of Excellence in Technology for Internal Security (NCETIS)
To empower law enforcement and security agencies with technology solutions for national public safety.
National Center of Excellence in Technology for Internal Security is aimed at developing indigenous technology solutions for Internal Security forces in broad areas of Electronics System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM). It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and IIT Bombay under the Digital India flagship program of the Government of India.
NCETIS is a single point interface in mobilizing research and the manufacturing industry to address technology gaps encountered in the strategic sector of homeland security.
Set up under the Government’s flagship Digital India Programme, we aim to transform the broad area of Electronics System Design Manufacturing (ESDM) by generating indigenous, self-sufficient technology products for ensuring the safety of the common people. The center focuses on nullifying technology gaps in the internal security of the country through targeted research, encouraging the domestic industry in this strategic sector, and providing consultation services to security forces regarding technology choices.
- Investigate technology innovation gaps for short- and long-term internal security
- Transform research outcomes into prototypes
- Facilitate technology transfer for product development by engagement with the Indian industry
- Initiate inquiry into and examination of regulatory issues
- Undertake advisory services/consultation to security forces regarding technology choices
- Engage in training activities for technology appreciation Be a resource centre that enables state police forces to overcome various challenges.